Welcome to NBR Wrinklies

LOCAL HISTORY

             
                                                  CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO NBR WRINKLIES HOME PAGE



                      

 

                                                                    

 


References:

Dean of Guild 5.7.1900, 18.8.1910. Gifford et. al. EDINBURGH (1984) p511. A CENTENARY HISTORY OF WADDIE & CO LIMITED, EDINBURGH AND LONDON privately published 1960.

Fire damage 15,000 in 1937


Notes:

Originally built as a biscuit factory for Simon Henderson and Sons, and acquired by Waddie's as Head Office and Printing Works in 1950. St Stephen's Works refers to their previous premises in St Stephen's Street , Stockbridge. Described in EDINBURGH as 'politely eclectic'.

Grove Biscuit Factory 1 Slateford Road , Edinburgh